View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #57
thequietwon

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Sam, These swap meets at EFV8CA events are where old friends are reunited, new friends are made, and spare parts find new homes. There are vendors that are well known and nationally advertised, vendors that are known to many but never advertise, first time vendors, and vendors that have nothing to sell but good conversation.
There are vendors that want to profit, and vendors that wouldn't think of making a profit from fellow enthusiasts. In other words, these swaps are the swaps a Fordophile dreams of finding. They are very small compared to well known annual swaps, but you won't find more good stuff, less junk, and better people at any other swap meet, bar none.
That's a refreshing way to look at it. I just got into early Ford's about 5 years ago, and at 39 I am relatively young. Just started going to Hershey 3 years ago, and figured I would go to this meet to see what it was about. The next one that I go to I will be sure to get there early. I did enjoy the cars and spent the day with my 10 year old son, so it wasn't a wasted day by any means...
Sam
thequietwon is offline   Reply With Quote