View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Fairview

Default What is a fair price for my 1931 Roadster?

Hi All,

I've got to clear some space in my hangar, so selling either my 1931 Model A Ford Roadster or my 74 Series III Land Rover. I'll sell the first one, keep the other, as I like them both, but for completely different reasons. I need some help on pricing my roadster, would like to price it to "leave some meat on the bone" for the next owner.

The pictures are pitiful, taken with my phone this week, in a dark hangar. The link below has photos of both.

The Model A is a 1931, single sidemount, rumbleseat, that is unrestored. I've owned this car about 10 years, belonged to the same family prior to me since the 1940's. It was painted about 40 years ago and is very flat now. The repaint was green, but the original paint appears to be that beige/tan color- can still see lots of it around the interior. The engine, thanks to guidance on this forum, appears to be a "B" block with an A head. It starts runs etc quite well. In fact, I drove it 200 plus miles each way to Hershey PA a few years back.

This is no show car, I can assure you, but is so much fun as is. It is very solid throughout. I did replace the wiring with a correct harness, complete, when I bought the car as the original wiring was in poor shape. The front seat is original leather in worn out but usuable condition, top is completely shot and not original, bows are nice.

I think it best to leave it just as is and enjoy it. If somebody started a restoration, one thing would lead to another, for sure.

I have lots of records, books, etc, several spare parts that go with it. Sidecurtains are present, as is the hand crank.

If you could let me know what is generally a fair price, that will be a big help to me. Then I'll put together an ad and post on this forum.

I'm in Waynesboro, Virginia.

Thanks, Jeff

Here is a link to the photos:

http://milepost105.smugmug.com/Cars/...15269019_yazxY

Last edited by Fairview; 12-31-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Fairview is offline   Reply With Quote