View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #32
mfarley

Default Re: MARC facebook site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
As a new enthusiast of these cars I'm honestly dismayed that there isn't more info available online or a factory service manual. In my honest opinion you shouldn't need a $50 club based book to tell how a 90 year old car is assembled.
I agree. I think it’s only a matter of time before the Andrews manuals, and the Restoration Guidelines & Judging Standards, will have to be available in digital form. Edits and revisions could be made effortlessly...and a service could notify anyone who subscribes of changes via email. Any time it’s accessed, it would have the most up-to-date information, along with the revision history. The ability to reference a treasure trove of high-quality color photos showing things as carpets, interior patterns, assembly instructions, etc. would be invaluable. I know I would have rather bought access to an online copy than the large paper one I ended up owning. The photos are B&W, small, and hard to discern, and I can wipe the grease fingerprints off my iPad in a jiffy. I know some of you will like to keep your paper copies and that’s fine, but digital is the way to speak to the next generation of restorers.
mfarley is offline   Reply With Quote