View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #203
nathanmac

Default Re: An Early Ford Truck Post... Let's see them.

I think you'd find if you were from the other side of the world and enquired to the right person well in advance you'd have little trouble getting through. The first time I went through there was about '96 and I'm not sure if the Airflow was quite finished at that stage, but Bill Richardson was one of the most genuine people you could ever hope to meet, and gave many a tour personally to clubs and groups. He was a great loss to the community here - as was shown by the procession at his funeral.

I was only recently given a copy of the book that was produced about the museum and I haven't had a chance to read right through it yet, but it's an amazing collection that I hope continues to be well looked after and and added to.

And to totally hijack the thread Invercargill is pretty underrated - Queens Park is one of the best things they did when they set out this city - it's part of a 'green belt' that runs right through the middle of the city to right near where I live that will never be built out.

On a more serious note, please return some of that Ford tin that you've pinched from down here Ted, I'm in desperate need of some of it right about now!
nathanmac is offline   Reply With Quote