View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #56
Old Henry

Default Re: Tell me this noise isn't what I'm afraid it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross F-1 View Post
Pulling the engine is not that big a deal, you can have it out and on the stand in a day. I always have a lot of inertia, trying to figure a way around it, but in the end it's better to just bite the bullet.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
At this point my "inertia" that you speak of is greater than my desire to drive (and you know how much I love to drive). So, "Old Henry", will be getting a long deserved vacation from service unless Old Chuckles up the street has some confidence that he and I can fix this problem without removing the engine. That was just so painful the one time I've done it that I won't be doing that again for the foreseeable future. And I don't have a stand nor any knowledge of what to do with the inside of the engine even if I did. I'd have to haul it or send it to someone. . . . Just too much to face right now.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice. It has been very instructive and supportive.