View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #30
Bronco Don

Default Re: Could It Be :The rare 1940 Ford Deluxe Electric Clock

Hello All,

Thanks for the feedback, I really do appreciated it. First of all, I’m not trying to challenge anyone’s knowledge here. I know that this is one of the most respected and knowledgeable early FORD forums on the internet. I also know that there is a lot of missing and misinformation in general about the early days of the FORD Motor Company. I was only asking where the information about the electric clock came from, the source. We have all heard many stories that sound good, that make sense, but we could not be certain about. Car lines, different factories, etc., and seeing a real document or official literature really can put truth and clarity to the stories. The service letter is not even in the “The 1940 FORD Book” just the story. I did not post the catalog and reference manual to one-up, challenge or show-off to anyone, just to add to the discussion.

Every car my family and I have owned, we try to find as much original documentation, literature and service manuals as possible. I would like to thank Terry OH for page 3 of that service letter, It certainly is a great piece in this puzzle. That being said, now I have more questions. Who was this service letter being sent to? And did it originate at the Milwaukee assembly plant ? Or was it direction from World Headquarters Dearborn? I’m sure these questions are answered in the first two pages, could you post them as well?

I know by asking these additional questions that I’m going to ruffle a few feathers, but that is not my intention. I’m really just trying to get a clear understanding, and confirmation of the origins of this clock.

About me. My father was a Transmission mechanic taught by his father who started the family transmission shop in the 1950’s. As a young adult in the 70’s to the 90’s I saw and helped my father with 3 frame-off restorations. 34 Cabriolet, 34 5 Window, and a 57 Belair. I have been going to swap meets since I was born. My first job at 14 years old was working for Bill Norton, Valley FORD Parts. Bill was a lifelong family friend, and I was lucky to know and learn from him. Our family at this time owns a 32 Roadster, 40 Woodie, 48 F1, 63 Lincoln, 65 Mustang conv, 66 GT350H, and a 74 Bronco which has been my everyday driver for the last 10 years. Most of these cars have been in our family for over 20 years, and my father and I still service and repair them ourselves. So I hope you can all understand, I’m just as passionate about FORDs (and anything mechanical) as most of you are. That is why I came here in search of this information, on the best early FORD forum on the web.

Lastly, I’m sure that Mike is one of the most knowledgeable people for the 40 FORDs, and I’m looking forward to the latest edition of the Early Ford V8 Club of America Judging Manual (I have the 3rd Printing of the 1940 FORD Book). **V8Coopman thanks for the correction on my typo.
Bronco Don is offline   Reply With Quote