View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 10:59 PM   #6
daveymc29

Default Re: Finding a parasitic draw

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I have one that comes and goes on both my cars at the fuse holder. If I reverse a circuit breaker in the fuse holder on my coupe it will go dead. If I make sure the shiny rivet is forward in the holder I'm good to go. Reverse it and soon the battery is low or dead. With meter across the fuse holder I cannot get a reading nor will it turn on a trouble light, yet I can see a spark at night if I break or make the contact across the fuse holder. Been that way for years. For a few days recently it would eject the fuse or circuit breaker with enough force to throw it onto the ground under the car. It did that several times and then it quit and is acting normal for the last several days. Got me, Gremlins I believe, though I haven't found a "Kilroy was here" note yet, I won't be surprised if one turns up. Twice while driving slowly the fuse was ejected onto the street and once while parked it shoot out of the holder when I was watching it and had my wife hit the starter switch. Picked it up, wiped it off and put it back into the holder and drove almost home, as I entered my driveway the engine died and the circuit breaker was again under the car. Put it back and parked, haven't touched it but have driven the car probably 10 time, once for several hours with no problems. I you can figure that one out, let me know. I haven't a clue.

Last edited by daveymc29; 11-18-2019 at 11:09 PM.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote