View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #290
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Removed the two front grills from 39LZ, was going to take to chrome plating firm to have pot metal plated but could not find any one local that did pot metal. I had started cleaning the grills on car with 4/0 steel wool but was slow going. I have the radiator removed to install rebuilt water pumps and the repair of gravel guard. I got a warm day this week so I removed the two grills and called Don p. to go visit and get his thoughts of what I should do to clean. We took a soft wire brush he had for drill motor and it cleaned the green tarnish off pretty well. Next we media blasted the back and sides of grill bars to see how that worked. Next tried some of the mirror spray paint to see how it coated the bars on back side. This seemed like a good way to clean up grills so I loaded them back up and returned to my garage. Spent rest of day doing both grills and re-installing them, turned out well for an old car.

39 LZ Front Grills

NOW I HAVE A BIG QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!! I AM 99.44% FULL OF CAPACITY of my photobucket account, question is how do I remove old photos and save to free up space for future photos, if I go over this amount I have to pay storage. Need to know what you/anyone has done when this happens, thanks Bruce ( hope Spring has Sprung )
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote