View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #1118
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Sunday Morning Sunshine.

No rain this morning so, I pulled the '39 CS out of the garage to go for a ride, and pick up a few things at the local auto parts store... No sooner did I get her out on the road then she started to kick and sputter, like intermittent fuel flow... after a minute or so she smoothed out and ran fine. I'm wondering if all the rain yesterday (even though she was not out in it) could have had a negative effect on the condenser, etc.? After that fun, I thought I'd give our '47 Convertible some road time...

Wouldn't ya know it... after about 20 minutes out on the road she started throwing water... I turned around and drove her home, checked under the hood and found water all over the firewall, etc. I'll have to let everything cool down before I can investigate to see where the water is leaking... I can't really complain as I got the '47 in '95 and the only thing I've done to the cooling system is flush it and install new upper and lower hoses, and that was a while ago... I should mention that I’ve only put 144,000 miles on that car in the last 18 years… So, not too bad…