View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #940
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I just couldn’t wait to show Stan.

I didn’t want just any vintage car; I wanted a Model A and ever since I was a school kid. My first was a Tourer. Americans call it a Phaeton. I purchased it from a farmer about 30 miles from home. It cost X2 of an already rebuilt one. I wished I’d left it in farmers paddock; however I do love it.
Well an old timer pulled it down. I couldn’t believe any motor car could have so many components. Out of my cars it is the best performer of them all. Henry (the rebuilder not to be confused with Henry the designer and builder) did tell me they were great motor cars except for the steering. I’ll post his picture with this story.

The moment it was restored I drove it to show another old-time mechanic who had recently rebuilt an A. Well he, Stan really pulled my new girl to bits. The hubcaps weren’t the same as original. The door cards were sown anti clockwise which was incorrect (or visa versa). Etc etc. I departed Stan’s place quite deflated and I never took any of my other cars for his perusal.
Like a prolific contributor to this forum, synchro 999, I am not pedantic about keeping everything absolutely original but don’t wonder too far away. Just to look at any Model A I am smitten. Henry’s lady is gary's girl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2407.JPG (57.5 KB, 24 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote