View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Roadster Rich

Default Roadster Windshield Stantions

Every since my amateur restoration done when I was 14 and 15 back in the 60's, I have not really been able to drive much with the top down in my standard roadster. The wind would move the windshield back significantly and even make the wing windows dig into the door if you forgot and opened the door.

When I was doing a pilgrimage to Bert's last year I took these pictures of an original stantion.
Windshield Stantion.jpg

This is a picture of mine. The arrows show how far off the stantion is from contact with the body piece when the windshield is in the proper position with the top up in place.
My Windshield Stantion.jpg

Do you think that the current stantion can be weld built up so that this prevents the windshield from blowing back? I am not sure what the material is and I think that these were replacement parts from back in the 60's. I have also thought about just using JB Weld to add a small metal part to the body part and painting it, but I know the body attachment is original and I don't like to modify that unless I have to. Buying replacements from Bert's is not an answer for right now.

Thanks for any advice.

Rich
Roadster Rich is offline   Reply With Quote