View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #20
Corley

Default Re: Reducing Agreed Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabco View Post
I would be curious as to your comment on NCM being more tolerant of pleasure driving, I also have a corvette show car and getting ready to buy a second one, I Checked with NCM and I found they were far less tolerant of pleasure driving then Hagerty, I even get unlimited mileage on th Vette.
I had Hagerty for about 15 or more years, so I am pretty familiar with their policies.

You must be talking to a different person than me at both places as to the driving restrictions. Hagerty said club events blah blah blah, and occasional pleasure driving, such as an occasional dinner out. Ncm said club events, blah blah blah, and "pleasure driving", just not regular transportation. With ncm, you also pick the mileage you think you might use, 1000, 3000, or 10,000. Tell Hagerty you plan on 10000 miles of pleasure driving and see what they say. Or, better yet, read your policy. My Hagerty policy stated only occational pleasure driving was permitted. That doesn't sound more liberal to me, and certainly not unlimited, but your money, your policy. It's really a personal choice.

Also, I liked the $489 with ncm for 10 vehicles vs $897 for only 6 with Hagerty. I have several more project vehicles, which are not covered, and never ever driven. With so many vehicles and projects (nicer name than junkers), I often don't drive some of the covered ones in two or three years anyway, so lots of miles is not really an issue for me.

Of course with either, you must have other conventional insurance on your daily driver(s). All collector insurance requires that.
Corley is offline   Reply With Quote