View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #113
David J

Default Re: V-8 Fords on Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
DAVID J. ...........................
From the Laurel & Hardy movie, "BLOCK HEADS", they drive a '36 roadster through a garage wall.
I have this still of them with a '35 Cabriolet, crashed into a garage. Perhaps, this is from a different movie, or they did not have a '36 Roadster, when they shot the still. ?????
MIKE
Hey Mike , When I got home from CA with the 33 5w and watched " BLOCK HEADS " I couldn't help but notice the car scattered around the garage looks like a 35 cab to me !???! Look at the windshield header - way too big to be a roadster . I'm not a 35-36 guy but it looks more 35 to me ?!!!? . Maybe your still is the car in the garage . Anyway I didn't find many fords on laurel and hardy or the bowery boys with the exception of " JALOPY " Bowery Boys 1953 that was already discussed earlier . Maybe the " KEYSTONE KOPS " ???? Maybe thats too old ? Some of the stooges stuff is rich in neat cars - the 33 std Phaeton is in at least 3 movies . The WC 33 4d's are really fun in slo-mo with one of the prop cars kinda imploding as it passes behind the sign being my favorite . Otis's 33 cab is good also . David J ps very happy with the 33
David J is offline   Reply With Quote