Thread: Lion Speed Head
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #72
hardtimes

Default Re: Lion Speed Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MN View Post
Purdy, The LSH-111 is currently only available in 6.5:1 from Charlie... unless he agreed to mill one for you. The earlier version LSH-11 was available in 7:1 and 6:1 compression ratios.

Dave
Hey Dave,
Sounds like your experimenting is coming along good! If a guy 'insists' on using the original mechanical advance system...you will have to go thru what you have been experiencing with this lsh 111 version. I got one of the first copies of this version and ran it for last 6-8 years. I ended up where you may be headed, i.e.- electronic ignition ! Fire it up with retarded spark as per usual, then pull lever down and FORGET IT ! My B was built very sturdy .030 over with popup pistons with this head. I figure 7:1 and better. It ran VERY strong with 2 81s. I should have left well enough alone,eh . But, a guy can not do that, so one of the guys here is now 'bragging' about how well it runs on his engine !
BTW...for those who 'object' to the tooo modern look of some elect dist, I put pertronic elect module setup in my dist and never looked back. Absolutely trouble free. Only wish it had automatic advance, as I believe that I'd enjoy it even more !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote