View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
thebanjoman

Default Asking for a ride near Winchester VA.

This is a hard request to make and I don't know if circumstances will permit it to happen.

I've been working on restoring the familys '29 for years with the idea of giving my Father-in-law a ride in his restored car.

Time and finances haven't allowed me to get the car completed for him. Tom (FLOP Custom) Has the body now helping out to keep the progress going.

We took my Father-in-Law to Winchester Hospital yesterday after a fall and he is in bad shape. He's 83, Diabetic, legally blind, Has Alzheimers, and now renal failure. At this point we don't know if he will be getting out and if he does he won't be able to stay with us.

I had hope to be able to give him a ride in his car but time is not going to make it possible.

If his condition improves I'd like to see if there would be some way for him to be taken for a small ride in a Model A. It won't be 'his' but it could be a gift I could give him.

I don't know what his condition is other than what has been told to me within the last few hours of today and he may not be physically able to accept this but I'd like to try.

Please contact me off list if you are near Winchester VA and would be willing to offer a short ride if we could make this happen.

Miles D Oliver
'The Banjoman'

Maybe.. One day...
thebanjoman is offline   Reply With Quote