View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
FrankWest

Default Re: how fast can a model A be restored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Man View Post
I have a stock 1930 Model A deluxe roadster. What I need to do is take it all apart and fix the sag in the chassis repaint all the parts and put it back together. the body has no rust and very straight but the fenders have a few cracks at the bead. I use to do auto body and upholstery work about 25 years ago so I think I should be ok in that department. This roadster is going to be a permanent static display in a restaurant, so it will have no fluids or battery and doesn't have to run, just look really good. Once I start I am hoping I can get it done in three months. all input or ideas are welcome.
Take your time and enjoy the restoration. Rushing is no fun at all! The fun of woking on these old cars is slowly seeing it progress and enjoying each slight improvement you make. If I had to do it in a hurry I would rather buy one already finished. I think 99 Percent of the thrill of these old cars is enjoying the improvements. I knew an old world watchmaker clock reapairer that told me, once he got the watch of clock running he lost interest in it.
Sorry for preaching, but I was a preacher!
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote