View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
bergie

Default 1950 f1 dash gauge and dash light current draws

I am ready to change the the bulbs for my 1950 f1 to 12 volt bulbs. Most replacements are relatively straight forward since I have separate turn signal lamps wired front and back by a previous owner. Thus I don't have to rewire the bases in the parking/tail lights for dual filament bulbs. My questions are about the instrument cluster lights and the hi-beam bulb in the instrument cluster. My shop manual doesn't show how to access these bulbs. I assumed that the bulb holder bases could be pulled out from the back of the cluster to expose the bulb for replacement and then pushed back in for a friction fit. However, it appears to me that the entire cluster has to be removed to get to the bulbs. Can anyone clarify the procedure for me ?

The second question that I have is if anyone can tell me how much current the three gauges (fuel, oil, and temp) draw? I've had people tell me that they only draw approximately 1/4 amp each, but surely that must vary depending on what the gauge is reading. Can anyone clarify what the max current these gauges could draw? Thanks.
bergie is offline   Reply With Quote