View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #119
TonyM

Default Re: V-8 Fords on Film

Thanks David and Mike. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

David and Mike,

It had been my guess too that the movie makers used the 1936 Roadster for a driver and when they "drove" the roadster into the garage, the movie makers spread the pieces of the 1935 Cabriolet in the garage and through editing give the movie viewer the impression that the 1936 car was smashed to pieces. The magic of Hollywood. The 1935 Cabriolet is included in the V-8 Ford Count for this movie in post # 114.

1941 Ford Coupe

This 1941 Ford can be seen on the street in The Boy With Green Hair (1948), a movie about a war orphan boy whose hair turns green for world peace and for war orphan rememberance (I am not kidding). I had to dig deep in my collection for this one. This is the film that launched Dean Stockton and probably led to severe emotional problems for co-star Pat O'Brien. That would be Pat O'Brien of Angels with Dirty Faces fame and not to be confused with Pat O'Brien the former sports reporter and Access Hollywood Anchor who likes to party and create sexually provocative voice mails.

TonyM.

Last edited by TonyM; 01-08-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Thread won't shift into second
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote