View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #7
Ian1932

Default Re: Tranny info and test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
It also has the long 32 type lever for the clutch release. That would be useful for when you want to do a 32.

Depending on how authentic you want the 34 there are later transmissions that will make the car drive better. Quieter gears and better synchros were all introduced over the years. If there are other candidates available, one of those may make a better choice for your 34.
The roadster im building now is a 32'. It has just about all 32' henry ford steel parts with the exception of a drop front axle and the engine block (34'), juice brakes and a rear spreader bar. The one big difference is the paint on the frame is body color and not black. I would be able to turn this car stock if i wanted with relative ease. Im just making this car like my dad envisioned it...

With that being said i think im going to use this one. I went back after work and there are 2 more of these that are complete and they both spin smooth. this one shifts smooth, spins like silk. Should i open it up? Look inside? Change some seals? Or just clean it up and paint it and go...?
Ian1932 is offline   Reply With Quote