View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #261
MplsMike

Default Re: Two-Door Ford and Mercury Wagons

Keen eye on my Parklane, Daves55. The bumper that was on it was in bad shape, and I really like the look of the exhaust cutouts. I’ve since upgraded the exhaust to include an H pipe and porter glass packs, utilizing the cutouts. I’ve been warned that there may be exhaust fumes in the cab so I will have to be careful about that and may need to change it out. I saw this bumper on another Parklane but don’t know if it was an option back then. I chose to eliminate the bumper guards because I like the look and it helps with the garage fit in my short city garage; I will probably take the front guards off too.

The picture was taken when the car was about to be hauled to a shop for a C4 transmission swap. Last summer I dropped in an engine that Jerry Christenson built for me here in Minnesota. Hopefully this spring will be the start of putting some serious miles on the car. It’s been dormant for about 40 years.

Wheels and tires are next. I do like the dog dish look, maybe with a beauty ring. I’d like to put a little wider tire on too, probably with a wide whitewall.
MplsMike is offline   Reply With Quote