Thread: A 400
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: A 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
Brent, I don't disagree with what you are saying but I think a vehicle that you are describing with problems you pointed out corrected, rebuilt engine, new wood, in other words TOTAL restoration would be closer to $60 to $70 thousand - so the selling price wasn't that bad. After all the value of a vehicle is what the seller and buyer agree to.

John

John, I would agree with your thoughts on that. And, at the hammer price, it appears that someone else placed a higher value on it than even what Ronn did.

One other comment that was sent to me privately which makes a great thought, is if someone bid $25k plus transportation expenses on that car, either they knew the vehicle and felt it was a worth the money, or they were possibly trying to shill bid it. I think their point was similar to a comment I made the other day and that is that selling price is enough money that most hobbyists would expect to do a personal inspection on a vehicle prior to committing to pay that amount of funds. Yes?? No?? Thoughts??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote