View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: My Auburn Meet Experience in Photos

Nice pictures Django. I was hoping to find you there at the show but unfortunately I had no idea what your real name is, or who I was actually looking for, so obviously I never found you . That '36 standard 5w coupe from California was one of my favorite cars there at the meet. It was also chosen to be parked inside the museum during the awards banquet. The owner did a very nice job of restoring that car. The gray '34 5w coupe with "Motor City Flathead Test Car" on the door belongs to Mark Kirby who once owned Motor City Flathead's in Detroit, MI. He is now part of Shadow Rods. The engine in that car is one of his 327 CI aluminum block Flathead's. I think he said it has 225-250 hp. My car is the black '35 sedan sitting next to his car in that picture.
Also, it was my impression that the blue '32 sedan with the rear door conversion was actually what's known as a boulevard sedan but I never got to discuss that possibility with the owner.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 09-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote