View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #6
Werner

Default Re: Werner - ask away

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hallo Pbishop
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbishop View Post
Ask ALL the questions you need to to get the job done right! That is the whole purpose of this forum - so we can help each other out as much as possible. Love the international comradery that has developed over the years.
I remember the days when I had to exclusively rely on my 'Schild' Restorer's Shop Manual and then look through old editions of 'The Restorer' and 'Model A News' to find extended information (many times the articles came with wonderful illustrations/pictures). My old friend George Medich (bought his Model A 'brand new' in 1931) gave me two binders full of the above mentioned mags dating back to 1970. It was like handing me GOLD. I still treasure those volumes today.
Hello and good day all together. Of course you are right. I also have a lot of books for the A now and they are also helpful. But it is very difficult for me to read the whole thing exactly.

As an example I have misread that when both timing gears are in line, the steering angles are always correct. Since I knew it so far only differently, namely that "in line" always overlap the valves, (Teeth in line = Piston on TDC). Therefore I was very unsettled. I removed the camshaft wheel four times, although it was always right! Now I know it - because at this forum - (thank you Bob C.) better!

But for me as a "German Greenhorn" it's not easy to ask too many questions, because I'm supposed to use the books too. I am only a distant guest in this US-forum.

Germans are not always popular because of their past. That's what someone has done here in the forum.

But I am here in Germany a "lone fighter". In my environment, I know only 2 Model A. Both are no longer driven and overslept their car life under cotton covers. I can not ask anyone. There is an A-Forum here; they have been only 5 questions in the last 2 years!

That's why I find the Ford Barn Forum extremely helpful!

Many Thanks for the nice words.

Ford Model A, Roadster, 1928
Citroen 11 CV, 1947
Hercules W 2000, 1976; (with NSU-Wankel Rotary Engine), Canadian version
Werner is offline   Reply With Quote