View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
jerry grayson

Default 1935-36 pickup restoration book

The book has been killed by the Board of Directors of the Early Ford V8 Club. They say that only 268 pickups are listed in the EFV8 roster and the cost of publishing this book with this low sample is not a profitable deal!! This is hanging Lawson and me out to dry. we are about 2/3 finished with the raw data and rough outline. We have spent many days and hours researching and interviewing people and working in the Ford archives. They did not even consult us before making the decision, just met and did the deed. In my opinion, someone has a hidden agenda with this, maybe they just don't like us.
They have given the O K to a group to publish a 49-51 Mercury restoration book. I wonder how many of these cars are listed in the roster?
We believe that there is a much greater interest in these pickups than units listed in the roster. Do they think that only someone that has a pickup listed in the roster will buy the book? How many of these pickups are in the hands of non EFV8 members? A person can buy a cab, hood radiator and grill from a 1 1/2 ton truck, match it to a passenger car frame, bolt on a reproduction bed and have a PICKUP!! Look at Lawson Cox's truck. This is exactly how he came up with his.
We think that the EFV8 club has done a disservice to the hobby, not to mention to us with this decision.
What do you think?
jerry grayson is offline   Reply With Quote