View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #58
shew01

Default Re: Car Will Not Start--No Apparent Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg61hawk View Post
does the amp meter still discharge every time you turn on the battery (not the key...just the battery)? I am thinking if the system discharges with KEY OFF and just turning on battery you have a problem right there at the battery connections or the fuse block. Check the battery hold down frame make sure the posts are not hitting the frame and shorting to the car. It sounds like it's right in this area.

I have horn and lights.
No, the ammeter does not show discharge when I turn on the batter kill switch. I no longer have horn or lights. I do have turn signal lights, but they go through a different fuse. Although I’ve engaged the started a number of times for testing today, the battery is holding at 6.27 volts.

I rechecked the fuse holder, and I think I checked it incorrectly earlier. This picture is checking the radiator side of the holder with the black probe and the flywheel side with the red probe without a fuse installed. The holder itself seems good.

The fuse still tests okay too. In this picture, I have the fuse in the black alligator clip, and I’m holding it against the negative battery terminal. The red probe is on the positive battery terminal. I think the fuse and holder are working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote