View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #15
a. griffin

Default Re: First adventure with my new phaeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
Is that a picture taken in the '30's or a recent picture that you tweaked to look old, doesn't matter...looks good.
And I like whitewalls...there, I said it.
Its a picture I just tweaked. Looks convincingly authentic to me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post
With all the hub-bub about white-wall tires, as in many differing viewpoints, a bit of compromise is usually the best resolution to confilicting opinions. Hence my recommendation that we put white-walls on the driver's side (if you like them) and black-walls on the passenger's side. If you don't like whitewalls, put them on the passenger's side and blackwalls on the driver's side.

I am sure everyone (who notices such things) will complement you on your decisive manor of conflict resolution, and your well-known brilliance will grow even greater !

- Doug Vieyra, Eureka, California
What about putting whitewalls on the inside and leaving the blackwalls out? Seriously, I'm looking for new(er) blackwalls now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29tudorsedan View Post
Nice car! I saw it at chickasha and wondered if it went home with someone, a very nice car that looked ready to be used and maintained! Have fun!
Thanks. Definitely needs work but it'll come around. Decided at 5:30 Thursday night to make the 7 hour drive for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeckel View Post
For the loosing power question. Check your points to make sure the gap is right, if you installed a new pair they can have rub block issues that will caise the gap to be drastically reduced.
I will definitely look into that.
a. griffin is offline   Reply With Quote