View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
hardtimes

Default Re: Here's an affordable Model A on EBAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Hesekiel View Post
The explanation for this is simple, and it's similar to why people are buying cars on credit: they only have a limited amount of cash available and want a car "now."

Getting a Model A for $3K or $4K or $5K means having a car in the garage and being able to get started on it. Everything else will fall in place eventually. Yes, in the end it will be more expensive than buying a ready-to-enjoy car later, just like it's the case when buying a daily driver on credit, but these folks don't want later. It's not a wrong approach, just a different one, one of several to get to the finish line. Delayed gratification is not very popular anymore in our modern society.
AMEN BROTHER !!
You have hit the proverbial nail on its' hard head !
I was there and did that ! I was uninformed/unknowing/ill equipped $ wise and LIED TO by seller. NOW, twelve yrs later and a million $ into this A (the UGLY DUCK ), I can not afford to let loose of her and have a spouse that thinks that all A owners are ------ and fiscally irresponsible.

BTW..to all possibly new / shopping A owners: TALK IS CHEAP..seriously.
Talk to a lot of model a owners, if you are even contemplating a purchase. They will evaluate, if you have a candidate to look at. And , it you haven't got a candidate to look at yet, the old guy will tell you what to look for and HOW MUCH it will cost , in reality terms of $ and time, to do what you think that you want !! All I ever wanted, for example, was a unrestored/original/driver...and look at what happened...OMG

BTW...Remember Faruka(?), yeah..I want it and I want it NOW ..lol
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote