View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #8
hardtimes

Default Re: 32-34 4 cylinder motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
What is the best source for information and sourcing speed parts for a 32-34 4 cylinder. I have nothing so would be starting from scratch. I would be putting this in a deuce roadster with one of my home built chassis and a T5 with qc rear end. I've done some flat heads and have been told I'd be smarter to stick with a V8?
Its a crap shoot, i.e.- will you spend more $ to dress up a V8, or a 4 cyl , AND make either bullet proof..as to durability and longevity.

Look at what Charlie says first. That is, see where you are wanting to go and how much you want to spend to get wanted results.

IMO, you will find that 10G in a V8 flathead will go a long ways, as speed parts (new or old) are everywhere and available.

By the time you have the 4 banger , located/repaired/machined and then fitted with the best high-end durable speed stuff, 10K won't seem to go far.
For example just for an OHV Head full cross flow, alone, will add 5K +. New C crank, best inserted rods, etc ...get the idea ?

'SMARTER'....
Can you do your own machining/engineering/assembly ? That will save lots $, either engine type, eh.

The truism especially about 4 bangers is....you want to go fast; speed costs money...how fast do you want to go ?

I've owned 'dressed up' V8 flatheads. Also 'warmed up' 4 bangers. Four banger building is a disease, IMO, unless you have an unlimited amount of $ to spend and it doesn't matter..lol (so much $ to go so slow !). WHY ? The original primtech, by Ford, has to be overcome thru tried/true tinkering (think B-Ville)...tinkering= girdle/adding 2 extra mains/5 main cam/ 5 main crank/creative oiling systems...on/on.
The goal, to look cool and be durable in a deuce is worthy though !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote