Thread: Skips Pumps
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
ezzmoney

Default Skips Pumps

Hi Guys. I have a 1950 Coupe with the Flathead V/8 with the Edelbrock Aluminum heads and 4 Barrel intake with an Edelbrock carb and Mallory electronic ignition. It has anew high priced aluminum Radiator and both a electronic and 6 blade fan. It tends to run hot and I think I have read every old post on the internet about how to cool flatheads down. This is a newly rebuilt motor from Cornetts in Somerset KY. I am seriously considering Having my water Pumps rebuilt by Skips as my next move. I am rather baffled though because from what I have read these motors run hotter without thermostats. (as a matter of fact I tied it and it seems to be true) My question is, Doesn't running a motor without a thermostat in it increase the flow? If that's true what is the advantage of Skips or any other new type pump that is supposed to increase flow?? Am I missing something? I know this has been cussed and discussed but I would like a few of you guys thoughts before I remove my pumps and send them off. I might also say that I have had 3 other flatheads and had no problems with those at all as far as overheating. Thanks, Dan
ezzmoney is offline   Reply With Quote