View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #15
Keith True

Default Re: Ford tractor engine ?'s

I think it would be a rare thing for an 8N engine to take on water from an internal crack.They are just not known for it.They are not known for blowing head gaskets either,but I have seen a few of them that had the gasket rot out and dump water in.I have one that was making water,the owner said the oil would get milky after a couple of weeks.The tractor was stored indoors but we found out he was starting it,driving it to the mailbox 700 feet away,and parking it again.After stopping those 3 minute runs the tractor stopped making water.I've had it now for about 15 years and the oil in it is the oil that was in it when I bought it.I won't start it unless I am going to use it for an hour or so.I used to do a lot of 9N/2N/8N work.In my shop I have a couple new sets of sleeves and pistons,all size mains and rods,some new rods,new valve trains,new manifolds,a couple of planed heads,one new crankshaft,new wiring harnesses,and dozens of other new parts.People here are not repairing them like they used to.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote