Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #132
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Mac's survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by QGolden View Post
I placed an order with Macs on April 3rd, small order. At the order form there is a question as to how to handle back-orders, I checked the box to tell them to contact me in the event of a back-order. On the 4th I received an email from Lucy in CS to tell me that one item was back-ordered, and what did I want to do about it. I wrote her back on the 4th to cancel the B/O item and ship the balance. On the 5th she wrote back that the order had been shipped. On the 6th I received a formal shipping confirmation with UPS Tracking. I just tracked the order and it was indeed picked up on the 5th, and out for delivery to my address today.

All in all, so far a positive experience. This was my first order with Macs, (and my first order for "A" parts). I chose them because of their proximity to me in NH, I figured I might get the parts a little faster. But it seems that UPS from NY to NH is 4 days, not much different than if I ordered them from left coast.

We do not have many alternatives for parts in the Northeast.

I do however completely object to the policy of shipping fees based upon dollars spent, before my next order I will have to do some more investigating. According to UPS this box weighed in at 3.5 lbs, seems a bit heavy to me based on the order, but I will weigh it when it comes in.
call "tams" local,knowledgeable,quality parts and great guy deal with the owner www.modelaparts.com

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 04-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote