Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #102
Shadetree

Default Re: Mac's survey

I have to say overall that I like Mac's and order from them more than anyone else. I received a survey too and told them that the biggest issue is not shipping, not personnel, not the pricing, but the quality of some of their parts. For example, last summer when I installed a newly rebuilt flathead V-8 in my `51 Ford pickup, I put in a new pressure plate, new clutch and new throw out bearing, all made in China from Mac's. Within a day or so the clutch started chattering and the throw out bearing was squealing. It is a lot of work to pull the transmission to replace these items once again. I found a USA made throw out bearing and hopefully can get an original Ford pressure plate and clutch rebuilt at Fort Wayne Clutch. Still, it is a lot work for something that should have been right to start with. I know new American parts are almost impossible to come by, but I would be willing to pay more and be a lot happier with good quality American made parts. Other than that I have no beef with Mac's. Their prices are competitive with other vendors and I ordered some parts late yesterday and they shipped today, and I did not pay extra for the fast ship option...

Bud Reynolds
Cottageville, WV