View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #10
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Eastwood spray gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Cab View Post
I have a Devilbiss finishline gun that I use for primer and base coats. (2 guns) and an Iwata LPH 400 for clear. For the money I think the Devilbiss gun is a great all around gun. It sprays well and is a consistent reliable gun. For the person that does not paint a lot it would be my choice.
This is a good recommendation. I have a two-gun Devilbiss Finishline HVLP setup - a regular big-gun and a smaller touch-up gun. I also have top of the line digital HVLP SATA stuff.

Truth be told, I use the Finishline stuff all the time - especially the touch-up gun . . . as it tends to waste a lot less paint and sprays well. I've painted some larger primer, base and clear coat jobs with the big gun and it does extremely well. For the price, I would highly recommend the Finishline setup - and do get the touch-up gun, you'll use it the most!

Also, given the prices of all our two-part paints these days, you'll find you'll save a LOT of material with a HVLP gun - especially the touch-up version. I have all my ole' reliable Binks #7 with Sharpe pot siphon and pressure-pot guns . . . just can't get rid of them (they're like old friends), but I really don't use them anymore -- primarily due to the amount of material they waste.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote