View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #15
GB SISSON

Default Re: What did I just buy?

Well I got it back to the island on Thursday after work. Stayed up late working on it.... And woke up at 4am and decided to work on it some more before I had to head to the jobsite at 7:30. So far, so good. With a neoprene washer around my too small compression gauge it has a very even 75 psi in all cylinders. The clutch was way out of adjustment, but by 5am that was done, and then brake work before a test drive (I live on the side of a mountain).... Way out of time. There was a cut in the dist rod and a bolt welded in... Think I have that worked out.... Anyone have an eye to eye length of a stock rod to the distributor? I have it so it starts reliably, but runs rough. It is on 12 v neg ground and has some sort of alternator installed. I'm on my second carb (I have 3 ), but no kits. Anyways... This thing is a BLAST! I forgot how simple and accessible the distributer and carb are. All my other stuff is early V8s and with one exception in BIG trucks with big fenders. Front mount distributor .... Need I go on? With no fenders I stand alongside the carb and distributor of this model a and deal with stuff. Today I moved the seat forward, which was cut and weld and repaired the broken and slanted headache rack behind the driver position. Now it sits plumb and square. Stay tuned for some more details, perhasps a pic or trwo. With luck a video. I could use some diagnostic help on the hiccups and popping. Thanks!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote