View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #8
Ron in Quincy

Default Re: Early 28 center bumper emblem

I have a NOS Clamp on my A1276, it is painted Black in the center. By the time the January 1, 1928 " Dealers Parts Price List" was issued it does not say "same as T part number" as the new clamp was painted Blue in the center, so the T clamps with Black center must have been used up ?

Ron

My NOS Center Bumper Clamp came from my Uncle's barn in Stockton, CA; in 1933 my uncle bought all the parts, bins, etc., from the Ford Dealership in Sonora, CA when the dealership went out of business; he hauled everything to his ranch in Stockton using his 1929 AA Truck, which he bought new in Stockton. You just can not believe the things that cam out of that dealership, such as new T tops complete, T brass radiators, running board shields T and A,
new Quail radiator caps, 28-29 hood sills, Lincoln Polish, new late 31 owners manuals, etc. This was in the early 60's, I only had a 31 Deluxe Coupe at that time and not into the very early A's . My uncle told me to take anything I wanted, I told him I only wanted thing I could use on my coupe. I did finally take the early T center bumper clamp never realizing I would have a need for it many years later.

Ron

Last edited by Ron in Quincy; 07-30-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote