View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #23
frank55a

Default Re: Joint MARC / MAFCA Clubs

I have read what some people have written about the insurance issue regarding both clubs. This whole issue came about a number of years ago as result of a large claim against one of the National club's liability policy due to an event that happened at a swap meet sponsored by one of their affiliated local clubs. As a result one of the national clubs insurance rates sky rocketed. The other club took actions to minimize the exposure of their local clubs, members and the national from such an event.

A few specific individuals have an axe to grind with one of the national clubs. I suggest if you are interested in how the policy is administrated, go to both clubs web sites and read for yourself their policy regarding what is covered, who is covered, what is not covered, and what is considered "high risk". I think you will find the wording on both clubs' web sites is almost identical.

Within both clubs, members must have their own auto insurance policy. Specifically, auto accidents are not covered by either national club's general liability policy.

Last edited by frank55a; 01-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote