View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Joint MARC / MAFCA Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVal View Post
I would have to question the accuracy of MARC's Vp reply to Mike V's question above. While I am more familar with MAFCA's insurance than MARC's, I can't believe MARC's insurance covers the INDIVIDUAL members of the club while on a tour. My understanding has always been that the national insurance covers the CLUB, not the individual members and the members have to have their own personal car insurance. So if on tour and an individual has a wreck, his own personal insurance will come into play. Should the other party decide that including the club in his/her suit because if there was no tour the accident wouldn't have happened, he/she will also name the club in the suit and that will cause the national club's insurance to come into play to defend the CLUB only. This is also called "going for the deepest pockets". Regardless, every state requires all drivers to have their own personal insurance on their cars.

As a aside, try to get MARC's club insurance coverage in California--my understanding is that it is unavailable whether or not you have 100% MARC membership!! But that is for another thread!!
That is correct! A moving accident that results in liability litigation will not be defended by MARC's insurance carrier for the member. It WILL protect the "mother" club and it's officers. That is why events such as parades and timed events are not covered.