View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #23
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: How come my car isn't even worth scrapping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Cab View Post
Well on the “bright” side of this discussion is that if I live long enough maybe the price of Model A’s will come down to where I can afford a 30/31 Phaeton.

Ok, here is something to think about....

I have been in this hobby for about 50 years. Since it is the year 2018 now, lets go back 50 years to 1968, ...then forward to 1978, then 1988, then 1998, then 2008, followed by 2018. If we compare the prices of any Model-A in any of those decades vs. one or more decades later. tell me which decade the same Model-A was worth less than what it was valued at in a prior listed decade. They haven't declined. Each year, comparing apples-to-apples, the value has been greater for the same vehicle than it was 10 years prior.

The hobby as a whole has not declined in any of the decades I mentioned, --nor has the prices dropped in a subsequent decade for equal cars. What HAS changed is the stated quality of the vehicle being marketed. Misrepresentation is way more rampant than what it was a decade or two ago. Adding to that, the Buyer was typically more versed on what they were buying. In this day & age where web knowledge is supposed to be doubling every few years, the typical Model-A hobbyist that can actually work on these things is seemingly declining at about the same rate as knowledge is doubling.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote