View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #128
johndee138

Default Re: Lets see your 36 Fords !

Here is my all-time dream car, having its beauty struck on the Fourth of July at the Atlanta & Edgewood Street Railway Company Trolley Barn in Atlanta.

Since it became mine in July 2013, I have replaced mechanical brakes with hydraulics (after a hair-raising event), redone the complete fuel system, and installed telescoping shocks on the front end. I've also completed several cosmetic projects, including restoring the radio, replacing the deluxe window garnishes and banjo wheel, and re-chroming the radio dial bezel in preparation for wood-graining the dash and window garnishes. I installed the spider hubcaps, and I have some stainless bumpers to install after I've striped them. I found a gorgeous art deco aftermarket heater that I'm restoring--a perfect fit for the interior. . . .

I plan to install a Columbia (on the way right now), rewire the whole car, and upgrade the cooling system to facilitate participation in parades. Some day it'll get a reupholstering--maybe leather, maybe Bedford cord--to replace the mohair of the previous restoration--former home to many mice. It has a ten-foot paint job, and I'm considering a color change from Washington Blue. . . .

Long-term fun for an old-time do-it-yourselfer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolette at Trolley Barn Jul 4 2014.jpg (278.2 KB, 38 views)
johndee138 is offline   Reply With Quote