View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:43 AM   #2
scooder

Default Re: Results of milling iron heads.

Damn good stuff right there. Always good to here actual seat of the pants results.
Increased flow as we know helps up top, and cutting heads drops the breathing ability, again we know that. But cutting heads also ups the compression ratio, which helps down the bottom, and this is where you feel it in real world driving on the road.
Like what you did with the flap wheel, it removes a sort of sharp edge left over from the cutting.
Are the heads also C59A? Are these already slightly higher compression ratio than the US 59A heads? I don't have my head chart with me. Did you CC the heads pre and post cut? Be good to know the numbers ( for me )
last thing the Weiand heads, I think these were actually quite low compression when compared to Offy 400's and down, and Edelbrock heads. I've heard reports in the past from folk who put them on stock size engines and we're disappointed with the result, replaced them with offy 400's and loved them. To clarify I'm talking stock size street driven flatheads with stock or mild cam, two carbs and No porting. Not high winding large cube silly cam race engines.
"raped ape" I like that a lot, sounds fast.
Martin.
scooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)