View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #61
jg61hawk

Default Re: Car Will Not Start--No Apparent Spark

Ref. below as you posted: I tend to think the below can't be correct. If you put the black lead on one side of the fuse holder and the red lead on the other and get a voltage reading of 6.27 that tells me the holder is grounded on one side and charged on the other...that seems very odd to me. Also can you just use the meter to test continuity with the fuse...just one side and the other and the meter beeps or reads 0. Please eliminate the fuse and holder ASAP. You understand the fuse holder only allows the voltage to move from the wire on the battery to the other wire...it can't be positive and negative at the same time. Use the engine block as your red positive ground and put your black tester on each end of the fuse holder. Only one end should have juice.

I rechecked the fuse holder, and I think I checked it incorrectly earlier. This picture is checking the radiator side of the holder with the black probe and the flywheel side with the red probe without a fuse installed. The holder itself seems good.

Last edited by jg61hawk; 09-26-2020 at 03:57 PM.
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote