View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #100
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
Mind if I point out a few things? Henry Ford did NOT "produce the Ferguson TE20 under license". The famous "handshake agreement" resulted in the introduction of the 9N "Ford Tractor Ferguson System" (according to a little badge on the grille) in 1939. This was followed by the nearly identical 2N in 1942. Ferguson held the patents on the hydraulic three point hitch system and Ford built the tractor. Henry Ford Sr. died April 7, 1947 and his grandson dissolved the handshake agreement on June30, 1947. Henry ll took over the company in 1945 or 1946 and the TE20 did not exist until late 1946. The TE20 was the first of "the little gray Fergies". In 1948 Ford Company introduced the 8N, which was an updated 9N.

Hi Deluxe 40.
No, I don't mind if you point out any error or errors I make. Do however look at my signature at the bottom of my writings. No, I don't know everything.
It's been some time since I saw the Ford tractor in question. At the time the differences I noted was the throttle and the grill. the Au fergie has horizontal fins and the Ford has vertical. There no doubt there are other factors I didn't spot. I looked up on the internet and the 9N is just the same as the TE20 with the exception of a few minor things. yes it was the hydraulic system that was the centre of the litigation. and Perhaps the front axil forks??
you can contradict me, it does not offend me and I can learn from it. cheers, gary

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote