View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #20
Speedyal

Default Re: VIN number 1930-A

So the number you have on the tittle A-2421250 comes up as October 4 1929 from the Model A Data base website Modelahouse.com.
So as we all know the engine was stamped first at the factory then as it was placed in the frame it was stamped with that number. So if you have a 1930 car it possibly could have a 29 motor but not sure. Also no Model A ever had a VIN tag on it so I would have to say the California DMV knows so I wouldn't put one on. So they might want you to pull the body anyway. Also if you stamp the block and they run the number it would come back to 1929 so I would just take the car down to the DMV with the tittle you have and see what happens because either way right now you have a 1930 car with a vin that comes back to 1929 car if they run it and if you stamp the number or make a vin tag you might get in trouble . I know I have a vin tag from California on ,my 30 and it is the same number on my block and my frame so not sure why they put tag on it but I had no problems registering it in IL because of this so in my opinion might be better to have them put one on the car Also now your car has a vin tag which if ever gets stolen is easier to identify since it has a tag .
Speedyal is offline   Reply With Quote