View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
blucar

Default Re: 57 T-Bird Distributor Codes

The correct number for a '57 T-Bird 4 barrel manifold is ECZ 9425-B which utilizes the large Holly 4 barrel.
I sold a tack drive distr on ebay last year for $450. buy it now.... It did not receive many bids when I first listed it, it did not reach the reserve, when I relisted it as a Buy It Now it was gone in a couple of hours.
I have a non tach drive distr for a '57 312 that was on my car when I purchased the car..
The guy I bought the car from told me the tach did not work because the cable was broken... Ya, a few weeks after buying the car I found that the car did not have a tach drive distr. It took me ten years to find a good tach drive distr.
A couple of years after I purchased the car I sent for the original build sheet via T-Bird International... Reading through the build sheet I found that the car originally had a convertible top, but there was no top in the car. The man I had purchased the car from had dropped out of sight, so I could not ask him about the top.
I had received a whole stack of invoices, etc., with the car. Upon careful review of the invoices I found that the man I brought the car from had traded the conv top and tach drive distr to a T-Bird speciality shop for work they had done on the car.
Hmmmm? buyer be aware should be the rule of the day.