View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Randy

Default 1932 Ford Deluxe 3W Coupe, Murray Body # informal registry,how many are still around?

The 1932 Ford Book by David Rehor shows the total 1932 Ford Deluxe 3W Coupe production at 23,411. All 3W Coupe bodies were manufactured by either Murray Corporation of America in Detroit, or Canadian Top & Body Corporation, Ltd, in Tilbury, Ontario.

Along with some other body types that were manufactured or assembled outside of Ford, the 3W Coupes had a tag riveted to the RH side of the front floor crossbrace of 3W coupe bodies.

I'm curious how many original 3W Coupes and the tag #'s can be accounted for and how they correspond with the month of production according to the frame number.

I'll start things off with mine. I have no idea if my car is on the original frame, but my frame # shows to be an October production car and the Murray Corporation body tag number is 7538.

Even if your body tag is missing or illegible, chime in if you have a '32 3W body that was manufactured by Ford. Let's see how many we can account for. Pictures would be a bonus!

Last edited by Randy; 12-06-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote