View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #16
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: KR Wilson axle stand specs questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsanders View Post
Yes, I took the time to get the parts for it and put it back together to save a piece of History. I knew posting on here somebody would always have something negative to say.

Glenn....I certainly had no intention of raining on your parade, nor specifically, your KRW rear end fixture. Hell, I myself own and take pride in quite a few ancient or historical widgets that serve marginal, if any, useful purpose. Like you, I just appreciate historical, rare and interesting "stuff". My comments regarding the KRW axle stand came as a result of thinking about all the banjo rears that I have dissected over the years, and finally realizing that realistically, what valid purpose does that stand really afford? Like I said earlier, you wouldn't remove a rear end from a car to change a brake drum or repair brakes. You certainly wouldn't remove a whole rear end to replace the speedometer drive turtle, nor to R&R the lube oil in the banjo section. To do any REAL work inside the beast like changing an axle or a ring and pinion, major parts of the unit must come apart, and with any major part removed like an axle bell or the banjo itself, you have to remove the rear end from the fixture to do it 'cuz it won't realistically support a disassembled rear end. None of this should take-away from the fact that it is most assuredly a noteworthy and rare piece in the history of old Fords. I was just noting that to ME in the real world, the usefulness of one of these beasts would be just about as practical as lips on a chicken. In other words, what worthwhile use did it really serve back in the day? But like I said earlier, yours is certainly a nice one! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote