View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #25
A bones

Default Re: 1934 Tudor needs a little hop-up

Welcome Willkommen to The Barn. Happy to see you get some good attention. I experienced Germany the best part of a month in 1971. Shocked was I to find MBs being throttled to the max. Here they were ( at the time ) only used as deluxe transport. On your roads the exhaust pipes were throbbing. There, as you know, are hand signs for a slow driver. ( here as well, but different )

The posts above are all good #20 #21 #23 are very talented. #20 has done many deep dives on his stock favorite year. Then puts them to the test. Where you stand, his trials would be international.

My take on the scene is not just making maintaining speed but getting speedy. Members here have found that raising compression by milling heads can make great strides in covering more ground. I've done it on my avatar. I found a very different experience after making the cut.

Yes tubman #23 can speak to the ins and out of doing it with a V8. We, #23 and a lot of others should direct you to Flathead Ted for a set of his brake floaters. They make your mechanical brakes perform as well as hyd. brakes. WHEN properly adjusted.

In my youth I recall the men talking about overseas or export Fords using thicker headgaskets in order to run on inferior gasoline. Your prize Might just be so equipped. Worth the gamble for a set gaskets to find out. Then while its opened up read up on 'The Tin Foil Ball Check', just ask. It's simply a painless way to see how much improvement one may derive from milling.

Should you want to get into pulling the heads, find a how to or diy book, it will help,, if,, you should need help. My experience pulling heads was a birthright. I had to be a beginer with the valve in head or, OHV. In any case enjoy your '34
we shall all wish you well,, and wish we had a '34 too.