View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #13
Bill OH

Default Re: 1934 Missing -Covering My Bases

The engine instantly restarting after shut down indicates to me an electrical problem and having replaced the coil, condenser and the distributor, I would remove the ballistic resistor and the 4 nuts, then clean the terminals on the resistor with a wire wheel and using rosin core solder, solder the nichrome wire to the terminals. Then run the contact surfaces of the nuts either across a fine file or sandpaper and install two of the nuts on the mounting studs followed by the resistor and the eye terminals (which you have cleaned with either the file or sandpaper) and install the 2 remaining nuts and tighten them up. I am assuming that the wires between the coil, resistor and ignition switch are in good condition and that their eye terminals are soldered!!!! If this does not cure the problem, then clean the contacts in the ignition switch using fine sandpaper followed with dielectric grease on the contacts. I do not recall that the ignition circuit was through a fuse or circuit breaker. If you have the circuit breaker wired that the ignition draws through the circuit breaker, the I would connect the ignition to the battery side of the circuit breaker - the latter is for the protection of the light circuit. I have given this attention to the ballistic resistor and ignition switch on my 38 and it runs very well. Hope this helps.
Bill OH is offline   Reply With Quote