View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
big job

Default Re: new member needs advice

I basically did what deuce did only I used the Armature original generator wire, then
on the regulator took 'that Arm wire" to the Batt regulator terminal the renders the regulator dead just a terminal board left wires there 'no need for tape they all are dead'.
Don't know what alternator you are after, but I bought a powermaster. OK start her up 'I have also a S.Warner beside the original amp meter both read a little past -0- turn lights
on discharge. So I now read instructions however I have decades of generators and alternators under my belt. It says run a ground wire to good engine ground but my mind
said "alternator is grounded - its clamped to the intake". Break out the ohm meter, and
I'll be; that alternator ground terminal is "isolated from the housing". So I ran a short
10 ga. wire from alt. gr. to the carb. nut. start bang 60 amps then trickled down to almost zero - turn lights heater and both amp meters kicks up. When powermaster says
ground it you must ground it. Although I built 100's of Holley's- This I think is your decision. I run just the plain Jane Holley 97 single. It has way more snap than my FEI
460 2 mpg pick up. I have no offey or cheater heads all original: stats: we bored it .030
only thing I sent out thankfully down the street was to themo clean block and polish a
standard crank with new nos Ford bearings and Egg pistons. So all done put a few miles
on it and make a beer run. After a while a senior brain flash Me and son have a go at it.
The 239 3.9 is now a 4.1 v/s a 460 AOD trans. Old trick use the mean second gear I blew that 460 off within a 1/2 phone pole. Yes the truck has been to the Ford dealer
where I bought it, again nothing wrong with it still gets 2mpg downhill. I go to the same
places, same miles, 460 about $400 and this car $15 a month fuel bill. And going back
to the race I shifted into 3rd at 65mph all in a 40 mph zone, with no pickup truck in sight and thats a 52 year old difference between the two. So Chief you can dump all kinds of money but these engines ran fine right out of the box and the biggie is where
will you use it, not here, and here they stop for green lights, go on red lights, back out
of driveways in front of you? I daily trip to Napa only 1.8 miles that takes an hour..Guess
nobody works any more. Around here I don't know, 10,000 women drivers released all day parading around going nowhere starting 5;30 Am. With all said I do not need horse power in fact my 1923 Ford is at home mixing in with these; no comment drivers. sorry again for a long ranting post. The weather here is terrible, thank heaven for Nyquill .
So in closing my V8 is so dependable I now take wife to work cause her 2017 Focus is
dead, funny how this new junk goes dead when the warranty expires > so thats gone. So thats my ranting story. sam

by the way Ford dealer wants a grand to open the hood, and my son has all those plug in big buck code readers nothing wrong, trade it, for another 2019 Focus.
"women and all cats" have the same brain however I can educate my cat: her nope.
big job is offline   Reply With Quote