View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #195
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Well in the next few days I can post some pictures of my doors. I woke up at about 4 am and after a weekend with my wife's relatives on the mainland I was ready to get to work on the woodie but had a full day of work waiting. By 7 am I had a jig built for laminating the front door stiles. I traced the pattern off a panel truck door and bandsawed a stack of 2x8's into the shape. I sort of built in a finger joint about 1 1/4" long that took care of itself in the laminating process. When I get some pictures you will know what I'm getting at. In the meantime I dug up some excellent NOS door latches at an ancient hardware store while I was over on the mainland. They have a thumb latch to open from the inside and a 3/8" square that accepts the ford door handle on the exterior. The striker is the exact same size and shape as a ford pickup striker. I bought all the ones they had just in case I end up building another. I also ran across a '36 cowl that I fell in love with. Next woodie?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg latches and jb door 003.JPG (136.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg latches and jb door 005.JPG (113.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Bill's Buick 056.JPG (179.6 KB, 74 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote